A new version of Ruby Enterprise Edition has been released, with the following changes:
- MacOS X support
- A number of people have been waiting for this.
- Upgraded to RubyGems 1.2.0
- A number of VPS users have reported that RubyGems 1.1.1 uses an excessive amount of memory, which causes their servers to swap to death. RubyGems 1.2.0 should solve this problem.
- No need to reinstall already-installed gems
- The RubyGems installation provided by Ruby Enterprise Edition will now reuse the gems that you have already installed (with regular Ruby). So if you have lots of gems installed, then you don’t need to reinstall them separately for Ruby Enterprise Edition.
- Merged with Ruby 1.8.6-p230
- This solves the recent security vulnerabilities.
How do I upgrade?
Go to the download page and follow the installation instructions. (*note*: RubyForge is still updating their mirrors, so the download might not be immediately available. In that case, please wait a few hours before trying again.)