Phusion Passenger 3.0.21 is a bug fix release which backports some fixes from the 4.0 series. It is the last release in the 3.0 series and is meant for people who are not yet able to upgrade to the 4.0 series at this time.
Changes in this version
- Rebootstrapped the libev configure to fix compilation problems on Solaris 11.
- Fixed support for RVM mixed mode installations. Fixes issue #828.
- Fixed encoding problems in Phusion Passenger Standalone.
- Changed preferred Nginx version to 1.2.9.
- Catch exceptions raised by Rack application objects.
- Fix for CVE-2013-2119. Details can be found in the announcement for version 4.0.5.
- Version 3.0.20 was pulled because its fixes were incomplete.
Open source users can install the open source version of 3.0.21 with the following commands:
gem install passenger --version 3.0.21 passenger-install-apache2-module passenger-install-nginx-module
In-depth installation and upgrade instructions can be found in the Installation section of the documentation. The documentation covers:
- Detailed tarball installation instructions.
- Detailed upgrade instructions.
- Installation troubleshooting.
- Installation through APT and YUM.
You can view the documentation online here:
If you would like to stay up to date with Phusion news, please fill in your name and email address below and sign up for our newsletter. We won’t spam you, we promise.