Phusion Passenger is a fast and robust web server and application server for Ruby, Python and Node.js. It works by integrating into Apache and Nginx and turning them into a fully-featured application server. It has high-profile users such as New York Times, AirBnB, Symantec, Pixar, etc, and comes with many features that make your life easier and your application perform better.
Phusion Passenger is under constant maintenance and development. Version 4.0.8 is a bugfix releases.
Phusion Passenger also has an Enterprise version which comes with a wide array of additional features. By buying Phusion Passenger Enterprise you will directly sponsor the development of the open source version.
- Fixed a problem with graceful web server restarts. When you gracefully
restart the web server, it would cause Phusion Passenger internal sockets
to be deleted, thus causing Phusion Passenger to go down. This problem
was introduced in 4.0.6 during the attempt to fix issue #910.
- The PassengerRestartDir/passenger_restart_dir now accepts relative
filenames again, just like in Phusion Passenger 3.x. Patch
contributed by Ryan Schwartz.
- Documentation updates contributed by Gokulnath Manakkattil.
- [Enterprise] Fixed a license key checking issue on some operating systems,
such as CentOS 6.
Open source users can install the open source version of 4.0.8 with the following commands:
gem install passenger passenger-install-apache2-module passenger-install-nginx-module
In-depth installation and upgrade instructions can be found in the Installation section of the documentation. The documentation covers:
- Detailed tarball installation instructions.
- Detailed upgrade instructions.
- Installation troubleshooting.
- Installation through APT and YUM.
You can view the documentation online here:
If you would like to stay up to date with Phusion news, please fill in your name and email address below and sign up for our newsletter. We won’t spam you, we promise.