Phusion Passenger is a fast and robust web server and application server for Ruby, Python, Node.js and Meteor. Passenger takes a lot of complexity out of deploying web apps, and adds powerful enterprise-grade features that are useful in production. High-profile companies such as Apple, New York Times, AirBnB, Juniper, American Express, etc are already using it, as well as over 350.000 websites.
Phusion Passenger is under constant maintenance and development. Version 4.0.24 is a bugfix release.
Phusion Passenger also has an Enterprise version which comes with a wide array of additional features. By buying Phusion Passenger Enterprise you will directly sponsor the development of the open source version.
- Introduced the `PassengerNodejs` (Apache) and `passenger_nodejs` (Nginx) configuration options.
- [Apache] Introduced the `PassengerErrorOverride` option, so that HTTP error responses generated by applications can be intercepted by Apache and customized using the `ErrorDocument` directive.
- [Standalone] It is now possible to specify some configuration options in a configuration file `passenger-standalone.json`. When Passenger Standalone is used in Mass Deployment mode, this configuration file can be used to customize settings on a per-application basis.
- [Enterprise] Fixed a potential crash when a rolling restart is triggered while a process is already shutting down.
- [Enterprise] Fixed Mass Deployment support for Node.js and Meteor.
Installing or upgrading to 4.0.24
Phusion Passenger’s core is open source. Please fork or watch us on Github. 🙂
If you would like to stay up to date with Phusion news, please fill in your name and email address below and sign up for our newsletter. We won’t spam you, we promise.